Monday, April 22, 2013




Three generations of Vicky's backpacks: my old 6 LB Lowe,my  fantastic new Gossamer Gear Mariposa,  my PCT Gossamer Gear pack.

On Saturday my new pack came in the mail, what an inspired Backpack. It's as if the designers at Gossamer Gear were listening to my every wish.  My last pack had a few things I wished could change, a tougher fabric, better tie down system and belt pockets that didn't twist the belt all  up every time I put on my pack.  
The new pack has a super clever tie down system that even has a zippered pocket.  Such Luxury! The hipbelt has integrated pockets and seems much tougher than my last Gossamer Gear pack.    I do miss being able to put my socks in my straps.

Kevin and I went on a 10 mile day hike in beautiful spring weather.  I loaded my new grey checked Mariposa up with my Marmot bag, thermarest, kitchen, an old North Face tarp shelter, tyvek ground cloth and lunch with a 1/2 gallon of water.  15 lbs with my base weight plus.  We were hiking on the Zaleski  Backpacking trail in Ohio's Zaleski State Forest.  It was lovely hiking through the  blooming red buds and dogwoods.  It was also great leaving the kids at home.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment