Sunday, March 29, 2015

North Carolina Today

Well friends sorry about no Pictures.  I am sitting in Hiawasee Georgia after hiking about 60 miles from Springer mountain.  I have been hiking with a crew of friends since the first or second day.  Doug Eastman and his dog Jennie made friends with Utah and I on the first day.  We have hiked together quite a bit.  On the second day We met Rainbow and Molly Rose.  This is my core group so far.  We hike at about the same speed and travel similar miles.  So far 10 to 12 every day.  What we have learned about the trail is injuries happen in the first 70 miles.  I turned my ankle hard enough to knock me off the trail for a few days.  Today I am eager to return.  I will be sleeping in North Carolina tonight. My next resupply is Franklin NC. I will be there in 4 days so around Thursday of this week.  I promise there will be pictures on my next post.  It has been beautiful.  My favoite day so far was when we camaped in a stone shelter on top of Blood Mountain.  We hiked up in the pouring rain but when we woke in the morning the clouds were clearing from the peaks and valleys with us in the shining sunlight.  Unforgettable!

I will try to post again in a week or so.

Happy Trails
Mama Moab

No comments:

Post a Comment