Saturday, March 5, 2011

They're off --the first resupply boxes


Mt Laguna Lodge 16 lbs

Staples said that will be $185. I nearly passed out, 25 more of these at home.  It turns out some special features had been selected.  $30. still hurt

Those flat rate priority boxes are such a deal.  The large stuffed as full and heavy as a backpackers food cache is only $15. I can get 10 days food in two.  When we pick them up in the coming weeks and months I am sure they will seem lighter and incomplete. 


I sure don't look like a thru hiker today.  I got a prednisone shot in my arthritic left knee and am hobbling around like an invalid.  I hope it feels better tomorrow.  Jay worked out on the wii today and whined about the lunges and squats.  I guess he will get stronger on the trail. Or skiing bumps all day in Colorado.

We have changed our travel plans to leave Athens on the 17th.  

Colorado then the Sierras 

How cool is that?




No comments:

Post a Comment